Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Skyler - Beggar or Chooser?

Hmmmm.....Chip, I hadn't thought about Skyler's choice of Ted as being anything more than the best option available to her, without regard to his full head of hair. (Hair is such a rare sight on Breaking Bad that I have a hard time keeping all these shaved heads straight.) I mean, c'mon, who does she know who doesn't make you go "ewwww"?

Now that you mention it, though, isn't it particularly fitting that Skyler got her I.F.T. on with someone who's cooking the books? Walt made such a big deal out of having earned, not stolen, the bag of Benjamins he gave her before she left for work that morning. Skyler promptly left the house and initiated a sexual encounter with a thief (and a cook of a different sort). 



Perhaps only Elliott, who "stole" Walt's chemical brilliance (and its ensuing fortune) and took Gretchen, the real love of Walt's life, would have been a more fitting choice. But hey, the season's still young. It could happen yet. A girl can dream....


I forgot to mention it in my earlier post, but where was Baby Holly during the I.F.T. extravaganza? Doesn't Skyler take the baby to work with her? That little Holly may have been present for her mom's revenge effing is the only thing I find particularly questionable about Skyler's judgment. Okay, that and the bad drive-time music with which she's torturing the poor child.

Peace, Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment