Wednesday, June 9, 2010

But Can He Sing?

Chip, you and I have discussed offline our recent literary find, “Sh*t My Dad Says” by Justin Halpern.  I think we should bring this to our readers’ attention, assuming we have one or two. 

Due to unfortunate circumstances involving a woman, Justin has to move back in with his parents. His dad is a modern-day Archie Bunker, only with a medical degree.  You can imagine the things that come out of his mouth.  They’re profane, blunt, intelligent, and hilarious! 

For example:
“Oh please, you practically invented lazy.  People should have to call you and ask for the rights to lazy before they use it.”

“A parent’s only as good as his dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed.”

Justin started tweeting his dad’s one-liners, developed a 1M+ following, and wrote this book.  The book made the NYT Bestsellers List, and now Justin’s concept has been developed into a sitcom and picked up by CBS.  And what great American comedic genius with a commanding voice do you suppose has been chosen to play Justin’s dad?  Well, William Shatner, natch. 

Read the book, catch the show when it premieres, and watch in horror as CBS ruins yet another great idea.   I just hope Capt. Kirk will sing before it gets cancelled.

Warp speed ahead!

Peace.
Holly

1 comment:

  1. I've read reviews about this book and I can't wait to read it! However, I don't think I was aware that they were going to do a TV sitcom. If I knew that then I have forgotten, but I do want to get that book right away!! Now even more so!!

    ReplyDelete