Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Evening, Clarice

I do not recommend the opium for the next episode, Holly. Perhaps some speed to keep you awake. When we named this blog, we were working the clever angle of a TV “remote control” combined with what we hoped was “interesting” commentary. Caprica is beginning to sway me toward the other meaning of being remotely interested. Should Daniel be worried? “I don’t know,” I coyly respond. All I know is Breaking Bad and Justified are knocking on my door and I only have so much room in my schedule.

You are right that Daniel begins to suspect that the Zoe avatar is in the robot. The next episode is dedicated to his psychological warfare attempts to get her to reveal herself. It is supposed to be tense, but it comes across as tedious for the most part. As far as his character goes, his cold-blooded side is always so close on the heels of his “sensitive” side; it makes me wonder if there really is anything there other than his ambition. Is the Zobot more human than Daniel? Did you know/remember that Eric Stoltz was fired from “Back to the Future” after six weeks of shooting because of his “humorless” take on Marty McFly? I’m just saying. Someone needs to punch a giant syringe of adrenaline into the heart of this show.

We also have Joseph continuing to pursue leads on Tamara in New Cap City. This dude needs to seriously get in touch with his Tauron side in a hurry. His new guide turns to him at one point and says, “I thought Taurons had bigger stones.” Amen, sister. He does get his badass on briefly, but you wonder if it is going to be the exception more than the rule.

Ah Sister Clarice. Am I the only one who hears Anthony Hopkins pronounce this name every time I see it? I was also intrigued by the opium evangelism of the previous episode when Clarice witnesses to Amanda about God. She seemed sincere in her desire to share the peace of God with a suffering woman and not just trying to download some secret code. Clarice came on pretty strong and I thought she was really letting the cat out of the bag in terms of her involvement with STO. Amanda must have been too trashed to really catch it, though because there is not a hint of this in the next episode.

I am still interested…but just remotely. Hey...did you notice I coined the term "Zobot?"

No comments:

Post a Comment