Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tamara, the Baddest Tauron of Them All!


You were right, Chip, the suckitude of last week’s Caprica episode was way down.  Dare I say it, I think I enjoyed it.

Okay, what first?  It was nice to spend some time with the Adamas for a change. I didn’t think it was possible to get tired of Eric Stolz, but damn if it hadn’t happened to me these last few weeks.  And that was BEFORE that macabre scene with Zoe the Cylon ripping off her own arm on Daniel’s command.  But more about that later - back to the Adamas.

Let’s start with Tamara....who would’ve thunk it?  She is one tough kid.  I thought she was just another clueless teenager, but she’s a natural born Tauron killer in New Cap City.  I loved the scene near the end where she stood up to Vesta, or as I prefer to think of her, the Shirley MacClain - Pussycat Dolls Catwoman hybrid.  Seriously, doncha think that freak looked like a cross between these two?

Tamara’s realization she died in the STO terrorism and her dispatch of the gamer (what’s his name?) back to Caprica to find Joseph was interesting, made more so by the gamer’s running away from Joseph when he realized Tamara really was dead.  What’s going on with Tamara just got really interesting.

Loved, loved, loved, the fishing trip!  Willie is homicide waiting for a place to happen.  I just hope Uncle Sam’s there to see it.  He would be so proud.

Memo to Joseph Adama - lose the gold necklace and medallion.  And by the way, Hugh Hefner called.  He wants his smoking jacket back.

Okay, I think we’ve gotten to know all the Adamas now except Joseph’s deceased wife.  How long till she turns up in V World?  I just hope she’s half the woman her mother is and her daughter was.  The female Adamas’ comfort with knives and firearms has been impressive. I’m curious what Joseph’s wife’s skills are - nunchuks?

Other points - Lots of smoking this week.  Chip, sometime we need to do a comparison of the cigarette/drink/frak count in an episode of Caprica vs. one of Mad Men.  I can’t believe I just said frak.  Shizer.  I think I need a smoke and a drink.

More randomness – Chip, have you noticed that despite the many “worlds” (Caprica, V World, New Cap City, Tauron, and Gemenon), no one really seems to know what the object of the game is?  That’s the premise of the New Cap City game, but isn’t everyone playing it in their real world already?  Even the STO crew doesn’t seem to know what the real deal is – Sister Clarice doesn’t know what she’s supposed to be doing, and Zoe didn’t have a clue she was about to become a terrorist/martyr.

Random character observation - Cairon, the top gamer in New Cap City, gave me the willies.  Chip, what did you make of his makeup and pink nail polish?  I like me some Elton John and all, but this guy was creepy. And did you notice he was with both a man and a woman?  I can’t help but be reminded of Sister Clarice’s STO clan.  Is there any chance Cairon is an STO member back on Caprica? 

What’s with all the zeppelins? 

Okay, back to the boardroom and the gratuitous Cylon self-mutilation.  Alessandra Toresani is doing a great job with this character.  Interesting to see this projection of “humanity” when she follows the directive of her father/creator, after his unsettling speech about creating a slave race to serve humanity.  Wow.  And BTdubs, Daniel needs to lose Graystone Enterprises, or be kicked around some more by the Adamas.  Or both.  What a jerk.

So, Caprica, I give you another week. Show me what you’ve got.

Peace, Holly


1 comment:

  1. Besides the fact that we had barely met Tamara before she got blown away, she reminded me way too much of Sofia Coppola in Godfather III. Thank goodness she acts more like Al Pacino.
    You have an uncanny eye, Holly, for recognizing the morphed features of the freaky gamer woman. I bet you kick ass in Scene It. The creepy man gamer reminded me of the guy who runs the Blue Parrot in Casablanca. And Boss Hogg.
    I don't know what the deal is with the zeppelins, but when that one floated by just as we were being introduced to New Cap City, it game me a primal sense of dread. That was before mini-fighter drones peeled off of it and started shooting.
    Here is some momentum...don't frak it up Caprica.

    ReplyDelete