Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Is There A Doctor in the House?


Chip, I have to confess that I never had too many TV actor crushes in that window of opportunity during which I had discovered boys but wasn't yet old enough to car date. You have to remember I grew up in a small town in the middle of nowhere (and no cable company till I was in high school), and when it wasn’t rainy or too cloudy, we could get three TV stations, one of which was PBS.  Also, my tastes trended toward musicians more than actors. However, one musician/actor (if he could fairly be called either) who I remember getting more than a little worked up over was Rick Springfield.  What more could a girl want, really, than a sexy rocker who was also a doctor and had his very own TV show?!  Okay, so maybe General Hospital wasn’t actually HIS show, but in my eyes, Dr. Noah Drake totally owned the place.  As far as I was concerned, that show was nothing more than a vehicle for his many talents. Which, come to think of it, might not be as far-fetched as it sounds. I mean, without Dr. Drake, that place was all nefarious Cassadine plots to kill Luke and Laura and the Doctors Quartermaine scheming up new ways to make each other miserable.

And how could you not love a man with this kind of fashion sense, really?
Um, never mind.  Forget I mentioned it.  But nice lipstick, Rick.  I think you're wearing the same shade as the girl who gave you that kiss on your cheek. But I do give you props for matching it so well to both that jacket and your tie.  Color can be hard.

By the way, how is it possible that I have mentioned General Hospital twice in the last week?  I need a vacation.  Or maybe I just need to check into Cedars-Sinai for "exhaustion"? Paging Dr. Drake, Dr. Noah Drake....

Peace, Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment