Monday, February 15, 2010

Young Lust

I mentioned a couple of my early television crushes in an earlier post (Mindy of Mork and Mindy and Mrs. Kotter of Welcome Back Kotter) and it got me reminiscing about some of my other first loves. These were the ones that made my adolescence catch fire. Here is a tribute to the sexiest T.V. women of my youth.


Donna Douglas a.k.a. Elly May Clampett on The Beverly Hillbillies

I happened upon an episode of TBH the other day. It was one in which Elly May was taking a dip in the cement pond. Seeing her in a discreet one-piece bathing suit did more for me than most of the far more racy stuff found on television today. Even her excessive love of critters did nothing to discourage my desire for her.





Barbara Eden a.k.a. Jeannie on I Dream of Jeannie

I did not have to wait for a swimming episode to see Jeannie’s midriff. Thanks to that brilliant costume, I could see it every weekday at 4:00 PM. To this day, I still have a fantasy about being allowed to lounge around in her bottle. Imagine a woman in your home dressed like that, calling you “Master” and able to conjure any wish with one bounce of her ponytail.



Dawn Wells a.k.a. Mary Ann Summers on Gilligan’s Island

Forget the movie star Ginger, I was a straight up Mary Ann guy. She could make me a coconut pie every day and I would be content to stay marooned.




Jan Smithers as Bailey Quarters from WKRP in Cincinnati

Conventional wisdom dictated that I was supposed to drool over the blond bombshell Loni Anderson on this show. My eyes kept drifting to nebbish Bailey, though. I guess I am a “girl next door” kind of guy. At least in the sense of what that phrase used to mean before Kendra and the gang moved in.





Honorable mentions:

Would you believe Barbara Feldon as Agent 99 on Get Smart?

Marlo Thomas as Ann Marie, otherwise known as That Girl.

Kristy McNichol as “Buddy” Lawrence on Family.


So Holly...who used to get your motor running? Please do not say the Hoff in Knight Rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment