Friday, February 19, 2010

What I'm Watching This Weekend



I don’t know about you, Chip, but these four-day weeks really wear me out.  Cramming five days worth of the peace and love that is my workplace into a mere four can really take it out of a girl. So more than usual, I’m looking forward to turning on the gas logs, nuking myself some Orville, and catching up on my DVR and DVD kitty.  Want to know what I’ll be watching?  Be warned, it’s not pretty:

Caprica
Despite my better judgment, I’m giving the new episode of this Syfy franchise one more last chance. Chip, I think you and I were both throwing up in our mouths a little over the last episode’s dead-kid-trapped-in-a-robot parental sex scene.  One more cheap trick like that and I’m going to be rooting for the Cylons to destroy humanity.

Footballers’ Wives
I love the British tabloids.  I mean loooove them. The photos! The judgmental finger-wagging! The loose journalistic standards! In the wake of the ongoing trials-by-press of Chelsea football (that's soccer to us Yanks) stars John Terry and Ashley Cole (and perhaps in honor of Ashley’s wife Cheryl’s landing on California soil this week to wash that man right outta her hair, La La Land style), I’m giving a test run to Footballers’ Wives, a now-cancelled Brit program (programme?) that had a four-year run on ITV. I have high hopes for the entertainment value of these WAGs and their troubles, real and imagined.

Glee
Still working my way through some of the episodes I missed of the hilarious first half-season of my favorite band of geeks. If ever there were a show begging for a walk-on from Sarah Palin, this is it. I just want to be up on the plotlines when that craziness goes down.

Tiger Woods Press Conference
What a hot mess this is.  It’s like media roadkill.  Gross, yet I can’t help but look.

What’s on your digital agenda, Chip?

Peace, Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment